Spirometry Test: An Accurate Assessment of your Respiratory System
The spirometry test is an easy, effective and reliable diagnostic method that allows the respiratory therapist to assess an individual’s lung function and make an accurate diagnosis for
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Occupational lung diseases
- Interstitial lung diseases, and more.
The qualified and experienced team at GRS Médical takes the time to listen to the patients and understand their worries, needs and goals. Our respiratory therapists are caring and professional in their approach and offer the highest quality of patient care. We deliver personalized treatment plans that include education, rehabilitation.
At GRS Médical our ultimate goal is to help you breathe easy, sleep well, and enjoy a better quality of life. Our excellence in respiratory disorder diagnosis and treatments, along with extraordinary patient care has made us one of the most trusted names in sleep disorder clinics across Québec. We serve patients through multiple locations in and around the South Shore, North Shore, downtown Montreal, and Quebec City area.
Do you have sleep apnea ?
The probability that people with the following diseases suffer from sleep apnea is:
hypertension, refractory to medication
type 2 diabetes
Effective Treatments Begin with Reliable Diagnostic Services
Spirometry is the most reliable way to test your lungs and check if you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. The following lung function tests are available as part of our spirometry tests.
- Simple spirometry test: This test allows us to objectively assess an individual’s lung function and verify the treatment effectiveness for asthma patients. Our respiratory therapist guides you throughout the appointment until they get satisfactory results. The test can take up to one hour.
- Pre and post bronchodilator spirometry test: When combined with short-acting bronchodilator response measurements, the spirometry test helps us establish a baseline diagnosis for asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD). We administer this test to individuals who have a risk factor (such as occupational hazards, or smoking), or symptoms, such as shortness of breath, coughing, or chest tightness, which are usually common in asthma.
All our lung function spirometry tests are suitable for adults, as well as children aged 16 or older.
Are you at risk for sleep apnea?
The benefits of positive pressure therapy
- The snoring goes away
- Patients regain restful sleep
- The quality of life improves
- The risk of heart disease, work accident or road accident is greatly reduced under treatment
- A boost of energy
Find out if you are suffering from sleep apnea. We offer polysomnography or respiratory polygraphy sleep tests that you can take in the comfort of your home.
Enjoy restful nights and productive days with the right sleep solutions. Our snoring specialists can help you and yours enjoy a good night’s sleep.
The treatment of choice for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), CPAP machines can transform the way you breathe, sleep and live.
A compact, discreet and exceptionally comfortable heart monitor that will keep you active throughout the day.